Everyone nowadays uses some form of social network whether it be twitter or facebook or any of the others. The important question that many people overlook is “How does it make me money?” I hear you. I’m not going to drone on and say its super easy and will bring in thousands of customers as social media takes time to turn non-revenue producing activities into revenue producing activities, but it can and it does happen. Consider the subsequent things that social media can do to help in saving time, money and resources therefore (drum roll please….) increasing revenue!
- Gaining feedback and insight on service or events.
- Promote events or new services or products.
- Encourage trials by offering specials and discounts
- Using employees as your own brand ambassadors that spread the word about your brand
- Having a direct dialogue with your current customers and potentially reaching new ones
- Updating customers and your community on new projects, such as new openings or remodels etc.
- Increase excitement and click traffic by sharing information, such as contests and giveaways
- Use social media to connect with your industry and create an online support community
- Find employees
10. Monitor reputation and provide complaint resolutions
The role of social media in your marketing is to use it as a communication device that makes you accessible to those interested in your product or service and makes you noticeable to those that don’t know your product. Employ it as a tool that creates a personality behind your brand and creates relationships that you otherwise may never gain. This creates not only repeat-buyers, but customer loyalty. Fact is social media is so diversified that it can be used in whatever way best suits the interest and the needs of your business.